Regent College is a medium-sized college located close to Leicester City Centre. The college is one of three sixth form colleges in Leicester and it works in partnership with the closely located Wyggeston & Queen Elizabeth 1 Sixth Form College. Regent College is proud to be inclusive and boasts a multicultural and diverse student population. The size of the college enables tutors and support staff to nurture individual students and ensure their journey at the college is a fulfilling, life-enhancing, learning experience.
The college offers courses from entry level to advanced level in eight subject areas. Qualifications available include AS and A-level courses, GCSEs and vocational courses.
We are proud to invest in our students by investing in our facilities; Regent College now prides itself on new classrooms, including science laboratories, along with a new conference centre and changing room facilities. The dining hall which is now known as the 'Regent Diner' has been bought up-to-date with new furnishings and is now thought of as a trendy 'social space' eatery.
Key Facts and Figures (2012)
• 97.2% A Level Pass Rate (up from 96.6%)
• 13% of all results at A* or Distinction* (up from 5%)
• A further 12% gained an A or Distinction giving 25% of entries awarded top grade achievement (up from 19%)
• In all A*-C ‘high grade’ achievement 62% (up from 58%)
• Most subjects have a 100% Pass Rate – 26 courses achieved a pass for all students
• Students completing an Extended Project achieved a pass rate of 94% of which 18% were at A*/A and a further 15% at grade B
• 35.5% of all students studying at least one Advanced Level course gained at least one A/A* or equivalent grade this year
• 85% Pass Rate in AS Levels (sustaining the 7% rise from 2011)
• 50% of entries at A-C ‘high grade’ (up 3% and the first time ever that half of results are at high grade)
Regent College works in partnership with the University Hospitals of Leicester Trust to offer employment-based courses in Business Administration, Customer Services and I.T.
Regent College were awarded the prestigious Training Quality Standard Award. Gaining the award makes Regent College the second Sixth Form College nationally to be accredited, and the only Sixth Form College in the Midlands to be recognised for the quality of courses and provision for employers through apprenticeships and training.
Want to see the college for yourself?
We welcome visits to see the college, staff and students in action. Contact us now to arrange your visit.
Find out more in the following ways:
Call: 0116 2554629
Tour: Book in now
Visit: Regent College